Kids in Charge take the health and safety of all children and staff seriously. With the concerns about the spread of Coronavirus Kids in Charge are putting procedures in place to reduce the risk to our children and staff. Daily updates listed below;
Staff will be continuing to clean and sanitise toys throughout the day and before the end of the session. We still have spaces available for key worker children.
OAKDALE INFANTS SCHOOL: Closed but open to Breakfast club.
Site Updates / Closures 21/03/2020:
For further site information please visit our FAQS PAGE
OAKDALE SCHOOL Kids in Charge will be running breakfast club at Oakdale Infant School for those children who will be attending the school during the coming weeks. We will also collect children from Oakdale school and take them back to Wanstead Youth Centre for Afterschool Club.
SNARESBROOK SCHOOL We will be collecting children from Snaresbrook school at 3.00PM and taking them back to Wanstead Youth Centre for Afterschool Club.
NIGHTINGALE SCHOOL We are able to pick children up Afterschool and take them back to Wanstead Youth Centre for Afterschool Club
OUR LADY OF LOURDES We will collect children who require Afterschool Club and bring them back to Wanstead Youth Centre for Afterschool Club
GILBERT COLVIN SCHOOL Breakfast club will be held at Mossford Green School so parents will need to drop children off to Mossford Green School and we will drop the children to Gilbert Colvin after Breakfast Club. We will collect children from Gilbert Colvin School and bring them back to Mossford Green School. Parents will need to pick their children up from Mossford Green school by 6.00pm
MOSSFORD GREEN SCHOOL We will run Breakfast and Afterschool club at Mossford Green School.
Site Updates / Closures 20/03/2020:
RIGHTSTART DAYCARE: The Nursery at Horns Road will temporarily relocate to Wanstead Youth Centre Nursery, due to the coronavirus until further notice. As we intertwine both sites to run an effective service, if capacity exceeds at Wanstead nursery, then Rightstart Daycare @ Ilford will re-open to continue supporting key workers. Nursery time frame is 7.30 AM till 6PM. To give parents reassurance, staff from Horns road nursery will be working at Wanstead nursery to continue providing the consistent care that the children need.
OAKDALE SCHOOL Oakdale Junior School that all clubs inclusive of the Breakfast and Afterschool will no longer be open/running. However please be assured we will still be operating our Breakfast and Afterschool Clubs from Oakdale Infants until such time as we are informed otherwise.
HEATHCOTE: We have received notification from Heathcote Secondary School, that from Monday 23rd March 2020, they are no longer allowing lettings at their site until further notice. Unfortunately, this means we will no longer be allowed to run the service for Breakfast Club, Afterschool Club or our NEW Holiday Club over the Easter period. This is not a choice made by us and please be assured we will return as soon as the school is open to lettings again. Our last sessions will be on Friday 20th March 2020.
Key Workers Update 20/03/2020:
To all Parents and Friends, we will be open to all our Key worker parents. Please read the info on post and email us as soon as possible if this applies to you! We have a Key Worker Breakdown outlined for you. here.https://bit.ly/kicschoolguidance
We aim to continue to support our parents, as a childcare setting we aim to stay open for business. As schools are closing, our Wanstead site will be open until 3rd April. (subject to change*)This will be outlined by Friday via email to a limited amount of Key workers. We ask for your patience and understanding at this time.
Further Update 18/3/2020:
As all schools and nursery settings will have their last session on Friday 20th March 2020 until further notice. After taking governmental advice we will be closed for general admission but will remain open for parents who have venerable children or parents who are key workers. Any parent’s who are key workers please call us urgently on 0208-530-7075 as we may be able to run a limited service.
Our lady of Lourdes School : Will continue running Breakfast and Afterschool club until further notice.
Oakdale Primary School: We will continue until the school closes
Heathcote School: Will be closing from Monday 23rd March. Last day will be Friday 20th March.
All other clubs will continue until further notice or until announced by Government of full closure. We will keep parents updated on changes
Thank you to our parents who have made our transition of Pick up and Drop off waiting at the door/gate smooth and easy. At this present moment we are open as normal and have put in place set procedures for child, parent and staff safety. Childcare provision is still an essential need Holiday Clubs are still going ahead at present, updates daily will continue to be provided.
At our Nurseries, Breakfast and After school club we will be asking parents to wait at the door/gate and staff will bring the children to you. This is to reduce the risk to parents, children and staff.
In addition as you may be aware the public is panic buying which may cause an issue with our current menu. Therefore please note that we may not be able to provide the food on the menu, but will ensure children still have balanced and nutritious snacks. I hope you will support us with this strategy.
We are aware that the symptoms are a cough, difficulty in breathing, fever and headaches.
We are also aware that the virus is spread through close contact with someone who is infected (up to 2 metres) and is spread through sneezing and coughing. Additionally, it is thought that it can be contracted by touching your face.
Spread of infection can be limited by certain actions which Kids in Charge will be implementing with immediate effect.
Child Friendly Explanation of Coronavirus
We found a great resource tool to explain what is happening with COVID-19 to your child here –> Hi My Name is Coronavirus!
PDF Resource from Manuela Molina @MINDHEART.KIDS www.mindheart.co
We have held an emergency staff meeting with our managers and deputies and all staff will be met with across all settings to discuss the procedures outlined below;
In order to reduce risks with the Covid 19 virus Kids in Charge are putting in place additional measures.
- Currently we are ensuring all children/staff/visitors wash their hands coming onto all of our sites to reduce the spread of the virus.
- Our staff have a strict cleaning regime with anti-bacterial cleaner in place.
- Additionally children and staff are using the catch it, bin it, kill it strategy.
- On entering the buildings where we operate all staff, parents and children will be asked to wash their hands with anti-bacterial soap, or hand sanitiser.
- Poster will be up on how to wash hands in the toilets and kitchen.
- Antibacterial to be in each room and reception area.
- All visitors to be asked to use anti-bacterial gel
- Staff will clean all surfaces, door handles, computers, keyboards, phones and toys with antibacterial cleaner at the beginning and end of each session.
- Posters will be placed at each site with the government recommendations – catch it bin it, kill it. We will also place posters around hand washing in each area to remind children, parents and staff of the correct way to wash hands.
- We will promote awareness of the virus and how to keep safe through activities with the children and posters for the parents. This will include how to wash your hands and horrid hands for key stage 1 and 2.
- Cutlery will be sterilized daily dishwashers used where available.
- If a member of staff, parent or child has come into contact with someone who has been tested for Coronavirus, Kids in Charge will take no action unless the they show any symptoms of the virus or the diagnosis has been confirmed.
- If this is the case, we would ask that person to self-isolate for 2 weeks.
- If there are cases of Coronavirus found in the immediate vicinity or connected to our families/staff, we would seek further advice on what to do next from the government.
- Staff who change nappies will be retrained to ensure that they use gloves and aprons and know how to take their gloves off safely
- Unnecessary close contact will be avoided but children who need comforting will continue to be comforted.
- All parents to have their children’s hands washed at nursery on entry before handing them to staff
- Changing the bins for each room throughout the day
- Redo-nappy changing training for all staff
Holiday Club Specific
- For future trips at Holiday Club we will consider a week before whether those trips will go ahead and notify parents if we are not going on the trips. If trips are cancelled the cost of the trip will be refunded in these cases. The care will be provided on site.
If parents have any concerns about their child being unwell, they need to contact 111.